Soccer Betting – Everything you need to know about Soccer Betting and Best Betting Sites to Place bet on Soccer.
Soccer or European football is the most popular sport in the world. In fact, it is sometimes referred to as the language of the world. To give you some perspective of how popular the sport is – you should know that while the Super Bowl LII 2018 recorded a viewership of 111.5 million viewers, the 2014 FIFA World Cup clocked in a jaw dropping 909.6 million viewers.
If you happen to be like most North Americans, you might not care so much for soccer, but whether you like it or not, there is no denying that it is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most popular sport in the world.
Given this kind of incredible viewership and popularity of the sport, you can rest assured that there is no dearth of betting options available to you in terms of Soccer. There are plenty of international tournaments, national leagues, cup tournaments, futsal matches, beach football games and competitions, and even second division leagues and cups across the world that you can place wagers on. It does not matter what time of the year it is, there is always soccer betting options for you to make money on.
Soccer Betting Sites – Best Soccer Betting sites
In this soccer betting guide, we will address a number of different topics which includes
- How soccer betting sites work
- The legality of betting on soccer in the US and other countries
- The various types of soccer bets you can place
- The most effective betting strategies to help you win big money
- The do’s and don’ts of soccer betting
- An eclectic collection of frequently asked questions related to Soccer betting.
Are you excited about the upcoming Soccer tournaments, leagues and events? Are you an ardent soccer fan? Well, then you probably already have your own analysis and predictions, you are already halfway there.
Using this guide, you can capitalize and monetize on your soccer knowledge!
- We will give you the downlow on all the different types of bets you can make and how to plan your betting in order to maximize your profits and minimize your losses.
- You can think of this guide as the holy grail of soccer betting and give yourself the best odds of winning with every single penny you wager!
So, without any further ado, let’s take a look at how you can get started with online soccer betting and what some of the best websites are for this purpose.
Betting Sites to bet on Soccer in 2019 and How they Work
When it comes to online betting, there are plenty of options all over the World Wide Web. However, not all betting sites are created equal. There are some that are well known, legitimate and they work as advertised. On the other hand, there are also blacklisted sites and scam betting sites that simply are out to swindle users of their money.
Most sports betting sites are not usually exclusively for soccer only, however, they do support and promote soccer betting. Not just that, they offer all types of perceivable soccer bets that one would want and plenty of other handy features that makes life better for soccer bettor.
Even if you are someone that is not technically savvy, and you are not comfortable placing bets over the internet, you can still use the online betting sites since they are intuitive and user friendly and does not require any sort of technical knowledge. Most of these places allows you to even phone in your bets and have them confirmed by an executive.On the other end of the spectrum, not only can you place bets using your computer, but you can also use your mobile phone to place bets. Just open up your mobile browser, be it Safari, Chrome or Firefox. All you need to do is enter the betting site URL in the mobile browser address bar and hit go. Being that most of these websites are responsively designed, they will adapt to the smaller screen size automatically and load the mobile browser for you to use. This way you don’t ever have to miss out on a bet, you can place your wagers while on the go. Just make sure that you have a working internet connection on your mobile device, it could be the mobile carrier network or a wi-fi network. Furthermore, you could use your smartphone or even a tablet to load the mobile websites for these betting sites.
The way most online sportsbooks work is pretty simple, you just have to create an account via a registration process which usually will not take longer than a minute. It essentially involves providing some basic personal details and linking payment methods or your bank account to the online sportsbook. Once you have your account setup, you can go ahead and start exploring around. The learning curve is not steep at all, everything is pretty self – explanatory. You usually find the sports listed on the home page, and you can click on soccer to see all the upcoming matches, the odds that are being offered, the various types of bets you can make and some sportsbooks even make recommendations based on expert pundit inputs. You then make your bet and most sportsbooks will accept a variety of payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, e – wallets, bank wire transfers and some even take cheques.
With regards to choosing a sportsbook to play with, you will need to be a little diligent and do some homework. Some of the factors to consider while making this choice includes the sports that the sportsbook allows betting on, whether it accepts players from the country that you reside in or not, whether it supports your local currency, whether you can pay using your preferred payment method, the type of bonuses and promotions that the sportsbook offers – especially welcome bonuses, and also the odds that they offer. In essence, the smartest way to go about it would be to either get feedback about the sportsbook from someone you know who has used it, or to read third party reviews on trusted review websites about the sportsbook and see what the pros and cons are and what people have to say about it. Another important thing to keep in mind is to ensure that the sportsbook is fair and legitimate. Generally, sportsbooks that are trustworthy will have their license number and license details provided with full transparency right on the footer of their home page.
Furthermore, you should also check their support options. What matters are things such as – does the sportsbook have round the clock 2487 support, do they offer live chat and email support? What are the wait times like when you call their support hotline and importantly, do they offer customer support in English or your preferred language.
The legality of Soccer Betting in the USA and other countries
When it comes to countries such as the United States, sports betting online is outlawed. However, it is still a gray area for the most part and it certainly does not mean that someone from the US cannot place a bet on a soccer game. All you need to do is use an online sportsbook where the servers are located offshore. The only con to registering and playing with an offshore online bookmaker is the fact that you will have limited support and help in your country should something go wrong or if you need any help.
Therefore, a good practice to stick to, especially for players from the US, is to go ahead and register with reputed sports books that are regulated and attested to by leading sports authorities such as the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority. When you stick to sites that are certified by such gaming authorities, you know for a fact that the website is fair and legitimate and, in this way, you can still play here despite the lack of support in countries like the US.
Types of Soccer Bets
If you have any prior experience with sports betting or betting on horse racing, then you will know that there are plenty of different types of bet you may place. Contrary to what newbies to betting may think, your bet does not only have to be about who will win the match or the race. Soccer betting is no different. There are several bets on offer and you can choose and pick the ones you like and are confident about. Let us get in to the different types of popular soccer bets without any further ado.
- Moneyline – This is one of the simplest and most popular type of bet for soccer games. Bettors simply have to bet on which team will win or whether it will be a draw. So essentially you choose from the three options – home team, away team or draw.
- Single – Another simple, straightforward type of soccer bet where you simply have to predict the score line. The odds for a single are usually fantastic – It means that the amount of money you bet on a single will be multiplied several fold and you can reap good profits should you get the score line right.
- Multiple – This bet is also referred to as Combo or Parley. As the name suggests, this is a type of bet where multiple bets are combined into one and the return value of such a bet is usually much higher than if you were to take the different bets by themselves independently.
- Accumulator – A multiple bet where there are four or more bets bundled together is known as an accumulator. To win an accumulator, you need to win all bets within the accumulator individually.
- Under/Over – This is a popular type of bet when it comes to soccer betting where you just need to predict whether the total number of goals scored in the match will either be under or over a certain number. For example, if you take a bet of “over 2” and the score line at the final whistle is 2 – 2, then you win since there were a total of 4 goals during the course of the game as you rightly predicted.
- Correct score – This is where you accurately predict the score line at the end of 90 minutes (no extra time play/ penalty shootout goals will be counted into this type of bet).
- First Goal–Another highly popular type of bet where you need to predict which team will score the first goal of the game.
- Halftime–You can bet on the score line at the end of the first 45 minutes.
- Halftime / Fulltime – A pair of bets where you will have to rightly predict the score line at the end of the first 45 minutes and at the end of 90 minutes to win.
- First goal scorer – You need to predict which player will score the first goal
- Last goal scorer– You need to predict which player will score the last goal
- Anytime goal scorer – just pick a player, and if he or she happens to score at any point during the game, you win.
- Score Cast–A pair of bets which includes the first goal scorer and the score line at the end of 90 minutes. You need to get both correct to win the Score Cast bet.
General dos and don’ts of Soccer betting
- Separate your funds – never dig into essential money or budget in order to gamble. Keep away a certain amount specifically for gambling and use just that.
- Look for lines – when you have accounts with more than one online sportsbook, don’t just take the first line presented to you, look for other offers from other sportsbooks and choose the highest paying line.
- Get familiar with the different wagers – the more you know about the different types of bets you can place, the better you can strategize and minimize the chance of loss.
- Do not chase losses – gamblers tend to chase losses and lose even more money. If you lost a bet, let it go and move on. When you try to double up just to get square again, you are now at a risk of doubling your losses.
- Limit wagers – have a limit on how much money you want to gamble with, and irrespective of the outcome, stop once you have used up that amount of money.
- Drinking and gambling – drinking inhibits your judgement and can lead you to make some highly risky bets that you would never take while sober and in your senses. This is a great way to become a pauper, avoid drinking and gambling at all costs!
- Steer away from knock out matches – statistics have shown that matches where the losing team will be kicked out of the competition is often unpredictable. Stick to group stage games unless you are confident about what you are doing.
- Avoid anyone asking for money for leaked information – much too often, people fall prey to certain agents that tell them that the results are fixed and they will give them the results for a certain fee. This is a big no no.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add funds to my online bookmaker account?
What is the minimum deposit amount?
What is a free bet?
What are the general payout times?
What about minors betting?
What does Handicap mean?
Should I make bets based on tips?
As for pundit and expert tips, they are generally more informed and thoroughly thought out suggestions based on form, and several other factors. Make no mistake, these tips are by no means fool proof, and the end of the day it is nothing more than a calculated guess.
Soccer is the language of the world and is thoroughly enjoyed throughout the world. This opens up limitless opportunities in terms of betting markets. There are huge pools, plenty of games to bet on, plenty of types of bets that you can place and a lot more.
Gamble responsibly and use this guide as reference to ensure you have a fruitful experience. Make sure to remember the dos and don’ts and never chase your losses.