Central defender Leonardo Bonucci has explained his reasons for suing his old club Juventus in an interview today.
The experienced 36-year-old joined Bundesliga outfit Union Berlin from the Old Lady on a free transfer at the end of last month but is not over the disappointment at the treatment he suffered in leaving a club he made over 500 appearances for.
Leonardo Bonucci unhappy with Juventus conduct
The European Championship winner told Italian broadcaster Mediaset, “Juventus manager (Max Allegri) reported some fake stories. It’s not true that Juventus told me months ago about their intention to part ways with me. In May, I told Juventus that I was open to stay as 5th/6th choice to help young players.”
As reported earlier in the week, Bonucci has initiated legal action against his former employers after failing to provide him with adequate training conditions and for damage suffered to his professional nature after his exclusion from the Juve squad this summer.
“Juventus directors told me on July 13 that I was out of their project after many rumors in newspapers — this was the biggest humiliation I’ve suffered. This happened after more than 500 games as a Juventus player”, Bonucci added.